This website uses Facebook's interaction pixel for statistical purposes. With the help of a cookie, it can be understood how our marketing measures are received and potentially improved on Facebook. We would be pleased to obtain your agreement with this. Information about the "Facebook pixel", about cookies and your right of withdrawal can be found in our privacy policy where you can change your cookie settings. By clicking "accept cookies" you agree to the use of cookies.

IT enables different ways of working

Do you know what BYOD means? "Bring your own device" simply means that employees use their private smartphones or laptops as IT equipment at work. What is completely normal nowadays was a big discussion in 2009. This example illustrates nicely that companies have to revise their own investments in technical devices regularly. Particularly with respect to constant technical innovations, a company must update, renew and reevaluate its IT investments.

Independent of industry, companies should follow the 20/80 rule. 80% of IT devices will be "lightweight" devices. The remaining 20% will be taken up by “classic” desktop PCs.

But how do you decide which technology the company should use? The "Employee Journey" gives a good orientation. Similar to the Customer Journey it follows the journey of the employee. It observes which technologies are used on a daily basis, how decisions are made and how one communicates with colleagues.

These findings can be used to decide which technologies offer the greatest benefit to the company. Do employees always spend a lot of time dialing into meetings and preparing the room accordingly? Then it is worth investing in a tool that makes this work easier and quicker. Does it have to be on premise or is cloud an option? A business case that weighs costs, benefits and risks can also be helpful. It also helps asses how well business strategy and IT strategy align.